6.22.2009

It's "Official": I'm a Heretic

As most of you reading this know, I often post my thoughts about a piece of scripture in my facebook profile. Typically, this elicits a few comments and hopefully makes my Christian friends and my non-Christian friends think about how they view themselves and God. Last week, I had some new "friends" (who shall remain nameless) who apparently know the mind of God so well that they appointed themselves as my judges, convened a jury of consisting of themselves, and "tested the spirit (me) and found him not to be of God." Not only did they accuse me of heresy in my private profile (where they were invited guests), they also made their accusations on another website, and have repeatedly dragged me through the dirt BY NAME.

"Christians" like them are the reason there are so many people who do not believe in God. I became an atheist when I was a teenager because of people just like them, so I'm 100% confident in making that statement. Hateful, judgmental people whose "gospel" consists of messages of hate and judgment give Jesus a bad name. Every day they rob people of hope, and steal God's love away from those who probably need it the most. Imagine how Jesus feels when the "gospel" that gets preached AT people is one of God's hatred of sinners, wrath for those who do not repent, and eternal torment and casting off of those who do not obey.


Fortunately, small-minded haters like them don't scare me any more.

1 comment:

  1. Ok, I'm a heretic too... I just confessed that on my blog a day or so ago! Finally!!

    I'd like to see your status updates. Hope you come back here and write again soon!

    ReplyDelete